Cooking time: 30 – 40 minutes
Serves: 4 – 6 people
My kids love it and call it crisps chicken as I serve it with orange Doritos, it is not every day they get to eat crisps as a side.
It’s quick and simple to make but doesn’t fail to impress. I have offered this course countless times when I’ve invited people over. It is always a hit and almost every time I am asked for the recipe.
Just yesterday I sent it to a friend.
You will need the following ingredients:
- 4-5 Chicken breasts, diced
- 1 Large onion, diced (I use red onion)
- 1 Large red paprika, diced
- 1 Sachet Tacco Seasoning (I use a whole one, you can use less)
- 1-2 Jars of Salsa Sauce (I use mild or medium)
- 500 ml Cream
- Fajita pancakes
- Graded cheese (I use Mozzarella)
On the side I serve:
- Orange Doritos
- Sour Cream
- Fry the chicken in olive oil until it is fully cooked through
- Add the onion and the paprika on the pan and .fry for a few minutes, until the onion has gotten a little softer.
- Pour the cream, salsa sauce and tacco seasoning into the pan and stir all together. Let it simmer for a few minutes on the pan.
- Put oil in the bottom of a cooking tray and then cover it with one layer of Fajita pancakes. I usually use 1 and a half for each layer.
- Pour 1/3 of the stew in the pan into the cooking tray and then add another layer of Fajita pancakes. Repeat until you have finished the stew.
- Last layer is Fajita pancakes and then Mozzarella on top. My personal mantra is that ANY course can benefit from some cheese so there is no surprise that I am quite generous here, but each to their own when it comes to the topping with cheese.
- Pop into the oven on 180°C for approximately 20 minutes or until the cheese has turned nicely golden.
Serve with Sour Cream (especially for those who may think it is to hot, and kids usually love it), Doritos (we crush them over the plate) and Guacamole.