Cooking time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4 people
This course is so fresh as the salsa is so incredibly juicy!
As everyone in the household enjoys the meat (not all the kids appreciate the salsa..) I make one and a half recipe for us, 3 adults, 2 mature kids and one little one.
This kind of food I love on a warm day as it truly is refreshing.
As much as a sauce fanatic I am, this course really doesn’t need sauce as the salsa does the trick!
It goes very well with baked Sweet Potato Slices, easy to make and you can find here.
You will need the following ingredients:
- 450 gr. Boneless pork loin steaks
- 400 gr. Tinned pineapple (either chopped or slices, you will have to finely chop it down)
- 1 Red Onion (Chop it down finely)
- 1 Large tomato (or 1 and a half medium sized)
- 1/2 dl. Freshly squashed lime juice
- 1/2 dl. Fresh, chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp. Honey
- 1 tsp. Paprika seasoning
- 1 tsp. Ginger
- 1 tsp. Clove
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp. Salt
- Pour the juice of the pineapple and chop it down finely. In addition chop the onion, parsley and tomato down finely as well. Mix it together in a bowl along with the honey and lime. Put it to one side as this is your salsa ready.
- I start off by cleaning most of the fat of the meat as I am dealing with very picky eaters! Beat the meat with a meat hammer on both sides. (I put cling film on top of the meat first as it saves the meat juice from flying all over the kitchen)
- Put the paprika seasoning, ginger, clove, cinnamon and salt in a clean plastic bag or a container with a lid. Then add the meat, close it well and shake well. This way you get a nice spicy and very tasty coating on the meat.
- Heat up some oil on a pan (I always use non-sticky ones). Fry it on both sides until the meat is properly cooked through.
For presentation purposes I put salsa in the middle of the plates and sweet potatoes slices next to it and the meat on top.