Meat, meat and cheese! What could go wrong?
I like to serve this course with garlic bread and fresh salad.
Don’t let the big list of ingredients scare you as this dish is not complicated once you start putting it together.
You will need the following ingredients:
- 500 gr. Minced beef
- 1 – 2 Packs of bacon (depending on size)
- 1 Onion, diced (I use a red one)
- 1 Paprika, diced (I use a red one)
- 3 – 4 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 Tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 Tin tomato puree
- Thyme seasoning
- Basil seasoning
- Oregano seasoning
- Chili seasoning
Cheese and pepper sauce:
- 400 gr. Cream cheese (I use Philadelphia)
- 2 – 3 dl. milk
- 100 gr.graded cheese (I use mozzarella)
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- Lasagna sheets
- Graded cheese (I use mozzarella)
- 6 slices of bacon cut down (I use scissors as it’s so much quicker than with a knife!) and fried on a pan. Then take it to the side.
- Onion, garlic and paprika fried on a the pan, then also taken to the side.
- Fry the minced beef on the pan and season it with the thyme, basil, oregano, chili, salt and pepper. Preference on amount of seasoning varies. I recommend using 1 tsp of everything, except the salt (use less of that) and then taste the mince and add more if you need to.
- Tomato puree and diced tomatoes added to the pan. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add vegetables and bacon and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- While the meat sauce is simmering, make the white sauce. Melt the cream cheese in a pot on medium heat. Once melted add the milk, graded cheese and seasons. I tend to add more milk as I think it gets a little to thick.
- Put a layer of cheese sauce in the bottom of a cooking tray and then 1/3 of the meat sauce on top, lastly lasagna sheets on top. Repeat until you have finished the meat sauce and you last layer is lasagna sheets. Cover with graded cheese and put the rest of the bacon on top (in the original recipe there was just a little bacon on top, I however, like to cover the top with it, as you can see on the image, this is a personal choice. One can also cut it down and spread it over, rather than laying it over whole as I do).
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and cook for about 30 minutes.