As previously mentioned, Icelanders love their bread courses. Ugly but delicious food!
We tend to have these at most parties. Due to how easy they are to make one might even put one together on a whim just because..
I have also posted a recipe for a Camembert bread course, which can be found here.
You will need the following ingredients:
- 1 Tin asparagus (either with small pieces of asparagus or chop down bigger ones)
- 6 Slices bread (I use soft white bread)
- 2 Types of spreadable cheese, I use plain and ham. 125 gr. of each.
- 2 tbsp. Mayonnaise
- Ham (6 – 8 slices)
- Graded cheese (I use Mozzarella)
- Paprika Seasoning
- Put the spreadable cheese, mayonnaise and some of the juice of the asparagus in a pot, melt and stir together.
- The rest of the juice, the asparagus and the ham added to the pot and stirred.
- Tear down the bread, don’t make the pieces to small and don’t think to much about this step as the course is not suppose to look nice. Therefor literally tear it down into irregular pieces and put in the bottom of a baking pan/oven tray.
- Pour the mixture from the pot over the bread in the baking pan/oven tray. Mix gently with a fork so the bread is all soaked.
- Spread graded cheese on top and sprinkle paprika seasoning over.
- Pop into 180 – 200° C preheated oven for approximately 15 minutes.