These are sweet and if you have young children they will most definitely get covered in chocolate and get quite sticky! However, they taste so nice and I only make them when one of the kids has a birthday and when it’s your birthday you should be allowed to be covered in chocolate!
For these one can use either Cheerios, Cornflakes, Rice Krispies or whatever plain cereal one prefers.
They are even nicer when served with either ice cream or whipped cream.
You will need the following ingredients:
- 1 dl. Cream
- 4 tbsp. Butter
- 4 tbsp. Syrup
- 200 gr. Plain chocolate
- 100 gr. Dried Apricots or raisins
- 100 gr. Cereal
- Boil cream and syrup together in a pot for 2-3 minutes. Stir continuously.
- Lower the heat under the pot. Brake down the chocolate and add to the pot, stir while it melts into the mixture.
- Either chop down apricots or use raisins and add to the pot.
- Add the cereal into the mixture in small dosages and stir gently.
- Either pour the mixture into circular 26 cm round springform pan covered with a baking sheet or put into muffins cases. (I tend to use the muffins cases as I serve this in children birthdays and it’s so convenient that way, and the colours of the cases can really brighten up the table)
- Leave in room temperature for 2 – 3 hours before served. (When I make this the night before I try to store it in the refrigerator and take them out approx. 2 hours before the party starts.