Personally I don’t really like bananas. However, for some weird reason I do like warm banana bread with a thick layer of butter on it!
Nowadays I make 2 or more of them in one go and freeze most of them as the kids sometimes take them to school as a part of their packed lunch.
If you want to jazz the recipe up a little you can shop plain chocolate finely and mix to the dough at the end, before putting it in the oven.
You will need the following ingredients:
- 1 Egg
- 2 Matured bananas
- 250 gr. Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Baking soda
- 1 tsp. Salt
This recipe fits well in a medium sized bread, 1 and 1/2 liter loaf pan.
- Whisk the egg in a mixer and add the egg gradually to it in doses.
- Mash up the bananas with a fork and add into the mixer.
- Sieve the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl and then add the banana mixture to the bowl and stir everything together lightly with a wooden spoon.
- Lightly brush the inside of the loaf pan with butter and then pour the dough into it.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes in a 180°C preheated oven.